As a Licensed Professional Counselor/Psychotherapist, I have experience working with diverse populations, consisting of different economic, cultural, ethnic, spiritual, racial, sexual and gender identities, as well as individuals with chronic and severe mental illness.
In my practice, I utilize an eclectic therapeutic approach deriving from several theoretical models. I integrate evidence based methods and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to individual needs. I draw upon various aspects of Psychodynamic, Couples and Family Systems, Client Centered, and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies. My approach to couples therapy combines elements of many schools of thought as well, depending upon the needs of the couple.
My therapy generally focuses on understanding the underlying causes of psychological and emotional issues. I tend to focus on the relationship between client and therapist, as life experiences and challenges will re-emerge within the context of this relationship. My style is active and I like to work collaboratively with clients. It is my goal to create a safe, comfortable, and supportive atmosphere in which together we can gain a better understanding of past and present day difficulties.
- Western Connecticut State University, MS Clinical Mental Health Counseling, CACREP accredited
- Western Connecticut State University, BA Sociology
License and Certification:
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Connecticut State Department of Public Health, License # 002852
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Virginia Board of Counseling, License # 0701007620
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor, North Carolina Board of LCMHC, License # 12356
- Licensed Professional Counselor, South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors, License # 7151
- National Certified Counselor, National Board for Certified Counselors, #349757
- Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor, National Board for Certified Counselors, #349757
- Board Certified TeleMental Health Provider, National Board for Certified Counselors, #2217
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- Member of the Connecticut Counseling Association
- Member of the American Counseling Association
- Member of the Connecticut Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
- Member of the Connecticut Mental Health Counselors Association
- Member of the American Mental Health Counselors Association
- Italian (fluent)
- Spanish (advanced)
- United States Army Reserves, 1991-1995, Honorable Discharge
- Active and current participant in continuing education with approved providers such as the Connecticut Counseling Association and the American Counseling Association.
Psychology Today Therapist Listing: